We accept the following type of payments
Bed Bug Mattress Protector – Keeps bed FREE from Bed Bugs – GUARANTEED
Bed Bug Mattress Protector - Keeps bed FREE from Bed Bugs - GUARANTEED
$49.95 — $72.95
- Waterproof and breathable allowing air vapor to pass through the porous membrane.
- 100% effective in preventing dust mites, bed bugs, bacteria and allergens from breeding in your pillow which are the major cause of asthma and eczema.
- 100% effective in preventing bed bugs from breeding in your mattress.
Machine washable on hot, tumble dry medium.
Can be used on all mattresses including inner spring and latex.
- Machine washable on hot, tumble dry medium.
- Perfect solution for incontinence suffers.
- Wingless Half a centimetre long Flat, oval-shaped body
- Six legs Light brown in colour, changing to rust-red after a meal of blood
- Squat head Large antennae Large mouth parts (mandibles)
- Complex life-cycle involving many stages of development
- Ability to survive without feeding for months at a time Susceptible to extremes of temperature.
- Humans are the preferred host Bedbugs live exclusively on blood.
- They prefer human blood, but will feed on other mammals if necessary.
- Bedbugs are attracted to body heat and the carbon dioxide in expired air, which is how they find their host.
- Bedbugs commonly target the shoulders and arms.
- During feeding, the bedbug’s proboscis (feeding organ) swings forward and downward to pierce the skin of the victim. Saliva (containing an anticoagulant) is then injected, which is the cause of an allergic reaction in some people.
- Bedbugs take around five to 10 minutes to feed. As the bedbug engorges with blood, its colouring changes from light brown to rust-red.
Common hiding spots:
- Mattresses, particularly along the seams
- Bedding such as sheets and blankets Beneath loosened edges of wallpaper
- Between the cracks of wooden floors
- In wall cracks or crevices Carpet Furniture, particularly in seams and cracks.
- Causes of infestation Bedbugs often hide in luggage, clothing, bedding and furniture.
- They are most often found in dwellings with a high rate of occupant turnover such as hotels, motels, hostels, shelters and apartment complexes.
- Any household can be invaded by bedbugs, but a high standard of hygiene can discourage bedbugs from spreading widely throughout a home.
- The first indication of a bedbug infestation may be the presence of bites on family members.
- A thorough inspection of your premises, especially the common hiding spots, may reveal the bedbugs –
- however, due to their size, they are often hard to see Small bloodstains from crushed bugs on sheets or mattresses
- Rusty or dark spots of bug excrement on mattresses, bedding or walls
- An offensive, sweet, musty odour from their scent glands, which may be detected when infestations are severe.
Symptoms of a bedbug bite:
- The bite of a bedbug has certain features, including: Large weals that reduce to a red mark then gradually fade over a few days Itchiness Reddening of the skin Localised swelling
- Formation of blisters Small loss of skin tissue in some cases.
- Treatment of bedbug bites Bedbugs are not known to transmit any blood-borne diseases.
- However, the bites can be itchy and distressing.
Suggestions to treat bedbug bites include:
- Resist the urge to scratch.
- Use calamine lotion or anaesthetic creams to treat the itching.
- Wash the bites with antiseptic soap to reduce the risk of infection.
- Apply an icepack frequently to help relieve swelling.
- Take pain-killing medication if symptoms are severe.
- See your doctor if the bite develops an infection.
- In general, bedbugs enter your home in luggage or on secondhand items such as bedding and furniture.
- Taking care with these items, in addition to high standards of hygiene and housekeeping, should help to minimise the chance of an infestation in your home.
Controlling a bedbug infestation:
- High standards of hygiene and housekeeping alone are unlikely to control an infestation.
- However, keeping a house clean will reveal the presence of bedbugs at an early stage, making control easier and reducing the chance of widespread infestation.
- Some general suggestions to eliminate bedbugs include: Thoroughly wash, vacuum or clean all surfaces and bedding.
- Wash bedding and affected clothing where possible, using hot water.
- Dry in a clothes drier on a hot setting.
- Vacuum mattresses, seal in dark plastic and leave outside in the hot sun for as long as possible.
- Steam clean carpets. Mattress protectors Pillow protectors
Bed Bug Detectors: (you can buy as an EXTRA)
Bed Bug Alert Monitor may also be inserted into every corner of your mattress (underneath) suitable crevices in upholstered furniture, transit seats, banquettes home, hospital, school, nursing home, hotel/motel, luggage, car or anywhere you need to check!
- Simply insert the monitor between each 4 corners of your mattress and box spring in the corners at the head of the bed or into any crevice in any suspect area.
- Check the monitor daily. Discard immediately should it contain a bed bug.
- If any sign of bed bugs is found, take pesticidal action to control & eliminate infestation immediately
- plastic monitoring device slips between mattress and frame, or any place you want to keep safe
For Institutional or Home use:
- Inspection is immediate & visual, requiring little to no training – if the crush-proof Monitor contains an insect, institutional staff should alert management immediately.
- Discard any Monitor containing a bedbug and replace with a new one.
While the Bed Bug Alert is transparent for inspection, it is also near-invisible for discretion in public and private facilities and the hospitality industry – extremely discreet (size of match box and clear)
Results possible within hours (may take up to several days in some cases).
Immediate call to action. No need to wait for a major problem to show itself – bedbugs are drawn into the Bed Bug Alert by environmentally sound bed bug lure. If a bedbug shows up, immediate action can be taken to eliminate the infestation while it’s minor.
Easy and safe to use. Replace as required, creating a long-term, low-cost monitoring program.
Protect your business or your family from bed bugs and sleep tight! For residential and institutional use.
Bed Bug Alert Monitor attracts both adult bed bugs and instar nymphs, drawing them into the bed bug trap. Once the bed bug alert, has been activated, the included chemical traps them quickly and effectively.
Bed bug monitor has a clear viewing window, so you can check it daily.
The bed bug alert monitor is safe to use around children and pets and is designed for both residential and institutional use.
This bed bug trap is made of sturdy plastic and will withstand the pressure and weight of heavy mattresses. Use this bed bug alert to detect and trap bed bugs so you can have peace of mind.
- Traps and detects bed bugs
- Easy to check daily
- Safe around children and pets
- Sturdy plastic construction
- Won’t be crushed by heavy mattresses
- Attracts both adult bed bugs and instar nymphs
- For residential and institutional use
Bed Bug Barriers
- Steaming your mattress with our portable device.